Azerbaijan Visas for Australians
The entire visiting process from Australia to Azerbaijan requires the visitor to hold a valid Azerbaijan visa and a valid passport. The Australian citizen will be required to provide the Azerbaijan government with an official date of travel and the intended duration of stay. If the travel is not commenced during the provided time, that Australian citizen will then be considered exempt from entering Azerbaijan and they will be required to apply for a new visa application in order to enter the country.
Purpose of Visit:
The Azerbaijan government allows its Australian visitors with several different kinds of visas. The citizen can view the different provided scenarios and apply for a Azerbaijan e Visa that best suits their reason for travel. Some of the general visas include:
- Travel visa or Tourist visa to tour around the country, visit their loved ones, or just enjoy a vacation.
- Business visa to conduct an official meeting with the Azerbaijan government, take part in a business conference, or be part of a business activity. However, in order to get involved with the Azerbaijan labor union, the individual is required to apply for a manual work visa rather than an e-visa, apply for a work permit, and show proof of temporary place.
- Visa to deal with a medical emergency, or in need of a short-time medical case with the Azerbaijan doctors.
- Involvement with the Azerbaijan educational unit, a scientific function, or a sports and cultural event in Azerbaijan.
- Visa to get involved in humanitarian activities in Azerbaijan for a short period.
Allowed Duration of Stay:
The Azerbaijan government allows Australian citizens to enter Azerbaijan within the 90-day validity period of their visa. The citizen can stay in Azerbaijan for 30 days maximum is given that the visa is valid and the passport expiry has a 6-month duration.
If the visitor wishes to stay in Azerbaijan longer than the 30-day time period, they will be required to leave the Azerbaijan premises and re-apply for the visa. If the visitor does not leave Azerbaijan, the request for re-application will be rejected.
Method to Apply for the Azerbaijan Visa:
The Azerbaijan government allows all Australian citizens to apply for a visa via the online e-visa process. All the different types of visas can be applied for via the online form other than the work visa which requires the Australian citizen to visit the Azerbaijan embassy and receive a work permit before applying for the visa.
The visa process can be completed in 3 simple steps:
- The first step is to apply for the e-visa by filling out the Azerbaijan visa application form on the website and providing all necessary information precisely and correctly.
- The second step is to provide a coloured picture or a black and white picture of the Australian passport as well as pay the processing Azerbaijan visa fee to start the process of the visa.
- The last step is to wait for the official completed visa to be mailed to your provided account and visit Azerbaijan for your requested reasons.
Processing Time of Visa:
The Azerbaijan government provides Australian citizens with one of the quickest visa processes. The total time required for Azerbaijan visa processing for Australian citizens is about 3 working days to avoid any holidays.
Travelling Process from Australia to Azerbaijan:
The Azerbaijan government is continuously changing its visa requirements to best fit the COVID-19 restrictions and avoid the further spread of the virus. This is why it is ideal that before the visitor is departing from Australia, they do research on any new and upcoming rules and regulations. If a rule does apply to that visitor, they should then carry that document along with the printed copy of their Azerbaijan e-visa as well as their original passport to avoid any inconvenience during their travel.
Visa Extension in Azerbaijan:
If an Australian citizen is about to reach the end of their Azerbaijan stay and wishes to extend the visa time limit, they are required to visit the nearest embassy and request a visa extension. The extension can take several days as well as a few necessary documents which is why it is recommended to apply a few days before the end of the visa permitted time.