Azerbaijan Visa Documents Requirement
Most foreign travellers visiting Azerbaijan need a visa to enter the Republic of Azerbaijan unless they belong to one of the few visa-exempt countries. Depending upon the length of stay, the purpose of visit, and the number of entries, the visitors can select Azerbaijan e Visa or Sticker Visa. The electronic visa or eVisa has a massive popularity lead over sticker visa, as it is easy and quick to obtain.
Travellers who wish to visit Azerbaijan can apply for a eVisa from the comforts of their home by a completely online process if they meet all the Azerbaijan e-Visa requirements. Passport holders who wish to apply for Azerbaijan eVisa must find all the requirements for successfully completing the eVisa request.
Azerbaijan e Visa Passport Requirements
To obtain an Azerbaijan visa without any difficulty, the applicants should ensure that their passports meet specific requirements.
- The passport holder must belong to an eligible country.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry date into the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- If the passport expires within six months, the applicant should get the new travel document before starting the visa process.
Azerbaijan facilitates a fully online eVisa process which means applicants don’t need to visit embassies. All required documents will be submitted as copies, eliminating the need to submit these documents directly at the embassy. Instead, the applicant can simply upload an image of the passport’s biographical page. All information present on the image must be clearly visible and readable.
Travel Requirements for Azerbaijan
Foreign Visitors should be able to fulfil criteria according to their selected visa type. Select the Azerbaijan visa corresponding to your required length of stay and visit purpose. Once the visa is approved, the foreign citizen must not violate its travel requirements.
Azerbaijan e Visa Choices for Travel
Azerbaijan provides a range of visit purposes to the foreign visitors to enter the country. Passport holders from eligible countries can select any visa type from the following according to their visit nature:
- Medical treatments
- Personal trip
- Official trip
How Long Can a Foreign Citizen Stay in Azerbaijan With an e Visa?
The Azerbaijan eVisa or ASAN visa is valid for 90 days from the date of visa issuance. Visa holders can enter Azerbaijan anytime within 90 days. Beyond this period, the travel document becomes nullified.
Using eVisa, the foreigners can make only a single entry to the Republic of Azerbaijan. If the visitor needs to re-enter the country, he should get a new visa. Once entered into the state, foreign visitors can stay for up to 30 days without any objection to the eVisa.
Azerbaijan e Visa Application Form Explanation
Travellers applying for Azerbaijan eVisa can start their visa requests by filling out the Azerbaijan visa application form. Travellers have to provide some details to complete the application form.
- Personal details including full name, date of birth, country & place of birth, gender, occupation
- Contact information includes: contact number (phone number & mobile number), permanent residential address, current email address
- Passport Information including passport number, passport issue and expiry dates
- Travel Information including intended date of arrival and accommodation address (The traveller will also provide Address of the place, the travellers will be staying in Azerbaijan )
Applicants should review all the provided information and match it from the passport. Any mistake or discrepancy can lead to delays or denial of the visa.
When Should I Apply for an Azerbaijan e Visa?
Passport holders from eligible nations should apply for eVisa at least 3 days before the intended travel date. The standard processing time for visas is three days. However, urgent processing of visa applications is also available in which the applicant can receive his final eVisa in a time as short as three hours.
Eligible Nations for the Azerbaijan e Visa
Azerbaijan allows nationals of more than 90 countries to apply for Azerbaijan electronic visas. Find your country from the given list and start your visa request by complete the online process.
Foreign nationals who do not belong to countries eligible for Azerbaijan eVisa can apply for VISA through the embassy or consulate. All visitors applying for embassy visas should start the visa process well in advance. Taking an appointment from the nearest embassy and submitting the application along with required documents may take a bit longer than an online visa.
What is Azerbaijan Sticker Visa
Azerbaijan Sticker Visa is the travel document that permits foreign travellers to enter the Republic of Azerbaijan. To obtain an Azerbaijan Sticker visa, foreign citizens can submit their visa requests at the nearest Azeri embassy or consulate.
Azeri sticker visa is granted to diplomatic, service and ordinary passport holders.
Types of Azerbaijan Visa
Foreign travellers can apply for either an Entry visa or Transit visa, depending upon the purpose of entry. Travellers can apply for a Transit visa they want to reach any other country via Azerbaijan. This visa is valid for 30 days allowing a stay for a maximum of 5 days. While foreigners holding Entry visas can enter Azerbaijan any time during 90 days starting from the issuance date.
Depending upon allowed entries, the foreign travellers are granted either a Single Entry or Multiple Entry visas. A single entry visa allows the visa holder to enter Azerbaijan only one-time. Moreover, a multiple entry visa is valid for up to 2 years allowing travellers to visit Azerbaijan several times on the same visa.
Note: that if you intend to stay in Azerbaijan longer than 15 days, you should register yourself at your city of residence.
Azerbaijan Sticker Visa Requirements
The most important part of attaining an Azerbaijan Sticker Visa is to collect required documents correctly and submit them at the embassy. These documents justify the traveller’s identity, the purpose of the trip, itineraries and make you a suitable candidate to acquire a sticker visa.
These documents are listed below:
- A completely filled out visa application form
- Passport or other travel documents
- Two Recent coloured photographs
- Medical insurance certificate
- Receipt of the paid visa fee
- Application submitted by the inviting party (approved by an appropriate authority)
A document stating the purpose of an invitation and a copy of the registration certificate (for non-governmental organizations) also needs to be submitted along with the application. These document requirements do not apply to transit, tourism, official and personal travel visas.
If the traveller is aged under 18 and will visit Azerbaijan without parents or guardians, he needs to attach a few additional documents with the application.
- A copy of a birth certificate (Notarized).
- A document showing permission from parents or a legitimate representative.
- Copies of documents identifying parents or a legitimate representative.
Other than the above requirements, the traveller needs to add a few additional documents for the specific purpose of the visit.
Visa requirements for tourism:
- A proof of tourism. For example, tourism voucher
- Hotel bookings, accommodations or similar premises.
Visa requirements for science or education:
- Proof of financial stability to support your education and residence related expenses.
Visa requirements for medical treatment:
- Proof declaring you need treatment in Azerbaijan.
Visa requirements for private visits:
- Copy of state ID of inviting person
- Proof to support your finances in Azerbaijan
- Document declaring that the relation between inverter and applicant is of a family member.
Visa requirements for transit:
- Copies of the visa of the destination country (if needed)
- An onward ticket to your destination country.
The traveller visiting Azerbaijan should have the above documents ready beforehand. However, the above list of required documents is not exhaustive. Applicants should make an appointment with the embassy and find out all details of the visa requirements.
Azerbaijan Sticker Visa Application Processing Time
Embassy visa or sticker visa takes at least 15 days for processing. Therefore, we advise travellers to apply for visas in advance of this period and allow time for any unexpected delays. The applicant has to submit a filled application form, proof of paid visa fee and all required documents at the embassy.
Entry Requirements to Azerbaijan
Achieving eVisa is the first but not the final authority to enter the Republic of Azerbaijan. Immigration officers present at the borders reserve all right to do traveller’s inspection. Travellers should keep the printout of eVisa and passport beforehand and answer the queries of the officer. (if any)
Traveller’s Registration With the State Migration Service in Azerbaijan
Foreign nationals who intend to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 15 days have to register themselves within 15 days of arrival with the State Migration Service. Registration for State Migration Service is available online and onsite. Hotels may facilitate this service to the foreigners as part of their check-in procedure, but the foreigners staying in rental apartments or private residences are responsible to get registered themselves.
Entry Ports for Azerbaijan
Most overseas arrive at Azerbaijan by air. They can enter the Republic of Azerbaijan by one of the following international airports.
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport (Baku)
- Zaqatala International Airport
- Ganja International Airport
- Nakhchivan International Airport
- Qabala International Airport
- Lankaran International Airport