Azerbaijan Visa for Germany
The Azerbaijan Government has expanded its virtual borders after the introduction of e-visas and the e-visa application process. Even though the process of e-visa is comparatively new to other countries around the globe, Azerbaijan is concentrating heavily on improving and expanding the process overall. The country is also concentrating on easing the visa process and allowing more countries to apply for the e-visa process day by day.
The e Visa website allows more than 90 countries to apply for the Azerbaijan e-visa with more countries being added soon. You can check the list of eligible countries for the Azerbaijan e-visa.
All necessary requirements and documentation for the Azerbaijan visa application for German citizens are listed on both the Azerbaijan visa site, the application process form on the e-visa website, as well as on Germany’s official visa checker website which provides you with detailed: information about the time period, duration of the processing, pricing of the process of documentation, all necessary documentation of the requestor, and details of the passport and colored or black and white picture of the requestor.
Necessary Requirements and Documentation:
The Azerbaijan government requires a handful of documentation from interested German citizens before they are made eligible to visit Azerbaijan. These Azerbaijan Visa requirements have been put in place to ensure problem-free travel for the visitor, confirmation of identity, and avoidance of fraud, and to ensure the safety of both the people visiting Azerbaijan as well as the nationals of the country itself.
Compulsory documentation when applying for the Azerbaijan e-visa include:
- A valid German passport that has an expiry date at least 6 month after the visitor’s stay in Azerbaijan is expected to end. The passport should also consist of at least 1 blank page to record the entry and exit of the visitor from Azerbaijan back to Germany.
- A scanned soft copy of the valid passport to forward to the Azerbaijan government along with the application for a visa. This step is necessary as the visa application process starts only if the passport has a valid expiration date.
- Bank details or confirmed method of payment to pay for the Azerbaijan Visa fee of visa processing. The visa process will not start unless the processing fee has been made from the confirmed trackable bank account.
- An email address where the e-visa can be forwarded to the German citizen after the process has been finished and the visa is assigned. The emailed e-visa is then required to be printed before leaving to depart from Germany for Azerbaijan.
Required Fee and Total Processing Time:
Like most other countries Azerbaijan also provides different time frames for the processing of its visas to provide support in case of any emergency or if the time frame for waiting is cut short.
The Azerbaijan e-visa system provides the German citizens with 3 different options for the processing of their visas, each option has a lower time frame than the previous yet a higher processing fee than the previous option.
These 3 processing options include:
- Standard option for visa processing: This option should be chosen by those citizens who are in no urgency for their visa and can wait for the visa to take its time with the process. This option will process the visa within 3-6 working days at a fee of 64 US dollars.
- The second option is known as the rush option: This option provides a slighter cushion over the 3-day period and the processing of the visa will be over in 24 working hours only. However, the processing fee for a rush visa is more than the standard visa and ranges at around 103 US dollars.
- The final and quickest option for the processing of an Azerbaijan e-visa for German citizens is the super rush option: This option ensures that the visa is completely processed and mailed to the visitor within 3 - 6 hours of the submission of the application. It is the quickest method and the most expensive method as well, ranging at around 143 US dollars per visa processed.
All 3 of these methods strictly follow the time frame given that no unexpected natural incidents occur, no sudden official holidays are announced, and the application was submitted on a working day.